high data rate communication system

hi. i'm new to arduino (and english). as part of a project i need to develop a communication system based on LEDs. is there un option to turn off and on a LED in correlation to a binary data at a speed of 10 Mbitps?

tanks

hi. i'm new to arduino (and english). as part of a project i need to develop a communication system based on LEDs. is there un option to turn off and on a LED in correlation to a binary data at a speed of 10 Mbitps?

tanks

Laser + optic fiber?

Mark

This allegedly can do 500Mbps so you can no doubt do 10Mbps but probably not with a standard AVR Arduino. Maybe a Teensy 3 or a Due might manage it okay.

The main line of Arduino microcontrollers (the "Uno" for example) is based on a microcontroller with a 16 MHz base instruction rate, so it wouldn't be possible to do any meaningful processing at a 10 Mbitps rate.

This thread gives some indication of the I/O rates achievable within the Arduino family: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=326944.0

The Arduino (at least the traditional ones - Uno/Mega/Micro/Leo/etc, not the due/zero - I can't comment on the due/zero) is not an appropriate platform if you need to send or receive data at 10 mbit/s. That's really fast, and implies lots of data, neither of which are things the Arduino is good at.

These common arduino boards are based on avr processors running at 16mhz, and could be run at 20... if you want to have communication at 10mbit/s (10mhz minimum transmission speed), you need the chip to be a lot faster than that, so it has time to move the data it's receiving into a buffer, or keep feeding data to send. Besides, 10mbit/s implies transmitting a lot of data; the AVR-based arduinos only have a few kb of ram (2k with Uno(328p). 2.5 w/micro (32u2), 8 w/mega (mega2560) and 16 w/1284p), and not more than 256k of program storage, so they don't really have a good place to put all that data (though the mega can have external ram, accessing it is slower).

The Due and Zero are based on faster, more capable chips, and they may, or may not, be suited to your project. There are also many other microcontroller platforms based on ARM chips some of which are sure to be appropriate for that project.

thank you all. i really appriciate it