High power servos with Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Shield

Would the

Adafruit 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Shield - I2C interface

work with the

RoboStar SBRS-5314HTG 280° Digital Metal Gear High Voltage Robot Servo 25T 53.1kg / 0.14Sec / 81g

which requires an a 7.2V-11.1V input?

Seeing as the link you posted doesn’t say (which is probably why you’re asking) you would be better off asking that question on adadfruit’s forum and get the answer direct from the manufacturer.

From the adafruit page:
To power servos you will need to also connect the V+ power supply - this is the power supply for the servos. (If you are lighting up single LEDs you may not need this power supply.) This power supply should be 5 or 6VDC.

Ok I didn't read far enough to get to where it said that! But it doesn't say the servo can't be over 6V: I read it to say that it would likely be 5-6V since that's what most servos expect, but doesn't actually say that's a hard limit.

You may be right though: perhaps it mustn't be over 6V. But it's easy enough to ask on their forum.

edit: In my defence, vinceherman actually went to a different but similar page from the one OP linked :wink:

:slight_smile: yes, I had to dig a bit to find it.

I agree, ask on their forum.

If it were just servo power, there might be no restriction. But this card is usable for other driver needs like LEDs so it will be best to confirm.