High Pressure LED readout device (need help)

In fact, I am searching for someone who can take on a small project (paid)

The outline of the device is simple enough, how simple it is to execute I don't know, hence my way of phrasing this.

It needs to measure static air pressure from a airtube, from 0 -250 bar / 0 - 3500psi
It only needs to show this on a simple LED panel.
It needs to be relatively small, 2" X 1" X 1" preferable, but there is give on this.

Thanks in advance for any help, pointers, info, etc

Kindly

T

Btw, these air tubes are relatively small, from 13cu to 22cu.

Any reason, why to not use a Ready-made device ?

http://www.aisat.com.au/d654-129-FFE415/digital-press-gauge-dc400-0-250-bar-ss/

// Per.

Any reason

Seven hundred and sixty one reasons ? Ouch.

But dealing with high pressure is not simple. You need careful and safe machining. So it is not a cheap wheel to re-invent.

Seven hundred and sixty one reasons ? Ouch.

Is still probably cheaper than getting someone to develop this from scratch, with all the problems you will have later on if you need the instrument serviced.

marco_c:
Is still probably cheaper than getting someone to develop this from scratch, with all the problems you will have later on if you need the instrument serviced.

Exactly.

It is the transducer that presents the technical challenges, and you can get those quite a bit cheaper than the previously linked gauge with digital indicator.

I've use the Omega series of 0-5V transducers in several projects and they work extremely well, are very stable and reliable for years of service. They are worth the asking price! A simple Arduino with display, together with about 10 lines of code to read the ADC and display the scaled value, would complete your project.

http://www.omega.com/pptst/PX309-5V.html

Edit: I've successfully used 16x oversampling and an external 12 bit ADC chip to get 13 bits of resolution out of the Omega sensor. However, for this to work you need a very stable, well regulated 12 V power supply for the sensor. You also need to be aware that overpressure, while safe for the gauge, leads to output > 5 V, which can damage the ADC. So resistor protection on the ADC input is required.