Higher power sift registers

I’m presently using the HC74595 for my project, and I’m quite happy with it given the power requirements of my current projects.

However I’m looking for an alternative. I’ve looked at the TPIC6B595 and TPIC6A596 but, as far as I can tell from the datasheets, they have a couple of disadvantages, such as they sink rather than source current as far as I can tell, they have lots more pins (these I can cope with) but more importantly they don’t seem to have an overflow (the equivalent of the Q7’ pin on the HC74595).

Now, I can of course add a transistor array such as the ULN2803 to my circuits and carry on using the HC74595, but does anyone know of a high-power shift register with overflow that I can play with?

Thanks - Richard

but more importantly they don't seem to have an overflow (the equivalent of the Q7' pin on the HC74595).

They do. It is the serial out, on pin 18 of the TPIC6A595. The same goes for the TPIC6B596.

Now, I can of course add a transistor array such as the ULN2803 to my circuits

That is only pull down as well.

Serial out - OK Mike, thanks. Sometimes I do get a tad confused with the different labelling of things!