Hire a Programmer

Hello:

I’m building a monitoring system for various systems in my home, using an Arduino Mega 2560. I would like to hire someone to produce the code necessary for the various functions described below.

I have a rudimentary understanding of sketches but no time to learn to build a working system. In time, I intend to learn and be able to troubleshoot or modify the program as necessary, so would ask that the code be highly annotated. I believe what I’m asking of the processor is fairly simple. I assume all of the functions can be done with a single board plus peripherals. Am open to being corrected!

I can manage the electronic inputs/outputs for the board but will need some sort of pin-out diagram.

This is new to me so I’m sure there will be items I’ve overlooked; don’t hesitate to ask questions.

Equipment
Arduino Mega 2560
Shields as needed for output control and display

System Functions
1)Hot water monitoring system. See HW Decision Tree, attached.
2)Monitor five DS18B20 temperature sensors – Display output, in Fahrenheit, at a point other than at the Mega 2560, in the same building (hardwire)
3)Monitor momentary contacts to trigger relay output for lighting control; two inputs, two corresponding outputs
4)Monitor N/C contact for gate position monitoring; two gates. Open circuit to trigger corresponding LED.

I’m looking for quotations from as many folks as are interested.

Thank you.

HW Decision Tree.pdf (130 KB)

When you say "Monitor" this or that. What do you mean? What sort of action are you going to take in response? Or does this need to be displayed somewhere? What sort of display? How is all of this installed? Where are the temp sensors in relation to the Mega? Where is the display?

You'll have to be a lot more specific about these details.

Delta_G: When you say "Monitor" this or that. What do you mean? What sort of action are you going to take in response? Or does this need to be displayed somewhere? What sort of display? How is all of this installed? Where are the temp sensors in relation to the Mega? Where is the display?

You'll have to be a lot more specific about these details.

Also, are the water temperature sensors inside or outside the piping? What is the piping made of (steel/iron, copper or plastic)? These all have different thermal conductivity which may affect the readings. Are the readings to be continuous or sampled? Are the set temperatures for the different water outputs all the same? Will the fact that the pump isn't running when the water is up to temperature reduce or even stop the flow? I suggest that it would be better to reduce the heating effect of the boiler than stop the pump.

Does this describe what you need?