Hire someone to create Arduino Project - Canon Camera related

Hello

I am interested in a unit that can wakeup a canon 7D or 5D mkII using a pir motion decector.

Once it detects motion - i want it to start recording video for a few minutes then stop and wait for the next motion detected.

Please let me know if you are interested in creating this project and how much you will charge.

Also - if possible I would like to add an option of the camera only coming on at night.

Thanks

PS - I am open to a servo mechanism that can push the button to start the recording. Tim

I’ve done several camera related projects before so this should be within scope
I also have a 5D MkII so testing would be easy
whereabouts are you in the galaxy?

do you already have a sensor?
rate - <>!

PM or email me if you want to move forward
thanks
Mike

I've done this and I'm willing to share code if our needs are the same. https://www.freelancer.com/users/3242859.html

The way I've implemented it my Canon T2i sleeps on it's own before being woken up to take the video. The battery can last for days with a low duty cycle, or weeks with an external battery. I can show you how to make that as well.

Instead of PIR I'm also working on a new method to detect motion using a cheap webcam, this increases the distance dramatically.

I've got it working with a 2W IR laser to detect motion at 50m in the dark.

It's easy to interface an Arduino directly to the plug on a Canon DSLR. All you need is the correct plug. Resistor optional. No servo needed.

Hello - I am interested in your device. How long would it take (billing hours) to create?

Thanks

Hello

I can build a unit that can wakeup a canon EOS 7D or 5D mkII using a pir motion decector. Once it detects motion - i want it to start recording video for a few minutes then stop and wait for the next motion detected. Option of the camera only coming on at night - OK No servo mechanism is needed (I am using Canon CR3-plug)

I will only charge you USD100 for the job. Guess the cost for a PIR, 12V battery, charger, light-detector (day/night), optocoupler, Voltage circuit, Canon CR3-plug, some cabling and some cheap plastic houising will be USD180. Postage guess (from Norway) USD50. Total USD330. Time spending 6-8 week (if I ordering the pices from e-Bay).

But ther is a lot of different typ of PIR's, in basic the same, but in practical use different. What is the item you will detect?

Best regards, Bjorn Tore Sorensen, Norway