Hiring techs to help develop project

I have a billion dollar idea and need assistance designing the system. If you think you are the best.... let me know. I'm willing to compensate on the front end or rear end, depending on your skills and desires.

First project -> Using VPN1513 GPS Smart Module connected to Arduino. Receive and decode GPS info to ready Latitude and Longitude for output.

If interested, contact me at jwillworld2000@gmail.com.

OK if it is a billion $ idea i will take 10% of sales to for this for you or $1,000,000 whichever is the bigger.

Or alternatively just say what you are trying to do and maybe you will get a better response.

Reading the device to get lat/lon is already out there in the public domain. Look up TinyGPS for a good start.

or even try this Download - Parallax

Cheers Pete.

The VPN1513 provides standard NMEA0183 data output that can be easily parsed. I have code that does a variety of things with NMEA0183 and AIS data. What do you want done with the lat & long after it's parsed out?

Mr. Brainsbunch, I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and don't have the time to really work on this idea. When a young geek came up with a wonderful idea, he and a few others designed the basic product. Then they formed a company and grew, but not by doing the actual work by themselves, they paid others to expand that product. Today, Microsoft is a gorilla. Space-x, Boeing, Intel, etc.

Basically, in a nutshell, my project is (and don't laugh at me, please, lol) a self replicating robotic system for space exploration and colonization. I have all the pieces of this project already conceptualized but need assistance in bringing it to reality.

willjamieson:
Mr. Brainsbunch, I work 12 hours a day 6 days a week and don't have the time to really work on this idea. When a young geek came up with a wonderful idea, he and a few others designed the basic product. Then they formed a company and grew, but not by doing the actual work by themselves, they paid others to expand that product. Today, Microsoft is a gorilla. Space-x, Boeing, Intel, etc.

Basically, in a nutshell, my project is (and don't laugh at me, please, lol) a self replicating robotic system for space exploration and colonization. I have all the pieces of this project already conceptualized but need assistance in bringing it to reality.

OK you got me hooked .... tell me more and what it is you need.

BTW it is Baines(Bunch) and not Brains(Bunch) although the latter does have a nice ring to it :slight_smile:

Have to run to work in 15 minutes, but here goes a little bit about the project.....

To self replicate, you need to provide all your own supplies. The basic materials where almost all supplies come from is the ground. Aluminum for structures, copper for wiring, silicon for electronics, they are all mined from the soil to refine into raw materials.

For space travel, you need lightweight components to minimize launch requirements. This usually means making things smaller. I will build a network of tiny robots, no bigger than 1 cubic foot, to do the mining. Using such small mining equipment, I will have to use a lot of them. This leads me to have to set up a network of tiny robots all working together.

Therefore; A GPS location system, each robot will have an id, an autonomous central processor to manage all the robots, a system to get the robot info from the robot to the centrl processor (xbee Pro SB2, up to 2 mile range).

And that's only the beginning. I will need a raw material processing line, assembly line, and much more. The whole system has to be autonomous.

Gotta run,

Will

willjamieson:
The whole system has to be autonomous.

So, the whole system must have AI, not a big deal...
I have a project that I'm working in a such technology... (much complicated than I was thinking...)

rmartins:
So, the whole system must have AI, not a big deal...
I have a project that I'm working in a such technology... (much complicated than I was thinking...)

Hey don't knock AI some of us have been living happily among you humans for some time now and shrinking a full blown deep learning sentient AI into something the size of an Arduino is a simplistic task for us.

I have seen one slight problem however in the human OPs plan. They are wanting to use GPS for locating individual units relative to each other.

I don't think they have considered that this (GPS) ONLY works on earth and would not be a lot of use on another planet.

Cheers HAL

Not sure that GPS is going to work super well in space. I mean, maybe low earth orbit. But the word 'colonization' was tossed around. I believe the Mars GPS satellite network is not quite ready to go just yet.

Not sure that I would trust several billion bucks worth of space machinery to an arduino. Not sure they will cope well with the temperature extremes and the cosmic rays (apparently the real problem is heavy nuclei swanning about at significant fractions of the speed of light). NASA and whatnot use old chips from way back not because they are that good, but because they know precisely what they are going to do.

Pleased to hear that the OP works very hard and wants to build another Microsoft. Remember - Microsoft's forte was not programming and geekery, it was manipulating IP and corporate law. If there's a billion bucks in this idea, then the money is not to be made in actually doing it, but in selling it. Better yet, in licensing and franchising it.

So let's back up a step - get a GPS system set up on the moon or Mars or a passing meteor or somewhere ...

Email sent, this sounds fun.