HM10 BLE module AT commands

I have a set up as described and attached image below :

HM10 to FTDI

5V to 5V
GND to GND
TX to RX
RX to TX ( Via potential divider )

Once plugged into a PC, the FTDI port is identified and opened ( 9600/8/N/1)

But when I send AT from a Real Term application the HM10 module does not respond back at all. Whats wrong ?

( But the HM 10 module links with a sample Serial Application in a iPhone and two way communication is possible. So the module is not broke. Its just that I want to customize some parameters of the HM10 for which I am trying the above )

PS : The Real Term socket itself is working OK. When I remove the HM10 module and loop back Tx and Rx , I get back what I type.

HM10 to PC hookup.pdf (61.6 KB)

Hi did you have any luck in making it work? I'm having the same issue and this is the second HM-10 module that I buy.

JoeKer92:
Hi did you have any luck in making it work? I'm having the same issue and this is the second HM-10 module that I buy.

Yeah. The HM10 is a drop in replacement for the HC05 and I now use the same socket to plug in either module when testing code to link with Android and iOS - in fact even my sketch is the same. The iOS programmer said something about a UUID about the HM10 module that is known when the iPhone finds the module and later it should be used in all references. Anyway that is "foreign" for me and best left alone!