ho w to solve 2 different libraries having the same serial baud rate?

Hi, I've successfully combined the RTC clock and Alarm function, and it worked at the baud rate of 9600. But when I add the dfplayer mini which also uses same baud rate, everything resulted to blank LCD display. I also checked the Serial monitor at 9600 baud rate, but there's no characters in the display. I checked the Serial monitor for DFplayer at baud rate 115200, also no characters were displayed. Uploading each on separate board works fine. But when I combined them in one board, there's just no output.
I'm thinking that maybe 2 libraries cannot operate at the same baud rate. Is this right? If so, may I know how to solve this problem?

My goal is for the RTC with Alarm feature to play 005.mp3 at 7:30am everyday, 001.mp3 to play at 12:00pm, so on and so forth until 6 alarms.
How to solve this problem? Please help, I'm not a programmer, I just do self-study.

serial.begin(9600);// used by RTC combine with TimeAlarm
serial.begin(9600);// used by Dfplayer mini
mySoftwareSerial.begin(115200);//used also by Dfplayer mini

serial.begin(9600);// used by RTC combine with TimeAlarmAre you sure about that?
Normally, it would be Serial.begin(9600);// used by RTC combine with TimeAlarm unless Serial has been aliased in some way.

Maybe you should post the code.

mnunez:
Hi, I've successfully combined the RTC clock and Alarm function, and it worked at the baud rate of 9600. But when I add the dfplayer mini which also uses same baud rate,

This does not make sense. Most likely you are connecting something incorrectly.

Make a simple pencil diagram (not FRITZING) showing how everything is connected and post a photo of the drawing. See this Simple Image Guide

...R

Here's the photo. Let me remove first unnecessary stuff to avoid confusions. I'll be back after awhile.

Problem solved. I just forgot to connect the Tx and Rx wires to pin 11 and 10 :slight_smile:

Good to hear you have it working.

Just for the future (in case you need advice about something else) the photo in Reply #3 is not a photo of the pencil drawing I requested. And photos of the hardware are quite useless for figuring out wiring connections.

…R