Hobbies and new year.

Having been accused of avid nerdiness over Christmas i have decided to get a new hobby.

Possibly lock picking and brewing.

Current are arduino, sailing, carpentry/metalwork , modelling , and dog walking.

Just wondering what others around here get up to.

I guess radio amateur is one of them.
An internet search of the top nerdiest hobbies , included all of the above except sailing.

Why do I suddenly feel tired :slight_smile:

...R

Boardburner2:
Having been accused of avid nerdiness over Christmas i have decided to get a new hobby.

Yeah, FSK computers.

I love British and Japanese girls.
Also fitness and health.
So, Jack & Jill Party is my favourite hobby
and I put my money in return tickets for Tokyo and London.

Get a pilots license. Play ice hockey.

CrossRoads:
Get a pilots license.

Done both rotary and fixed wing until i failed medical.

CrossRoads:
Play ice hockey.

OOH , boys are rough. :slight_smile:

Would like to try hot air balooning but do not know much about it.

Wouldn't hot air ballooning have same medical issue?

"boys are rough"
Find a non-check league to play in, then it's not too bad. Everyone has to work the next day.

I love British and Japanese girls.
Also fitness and health.
So, Jack & Jill Party is my favourite hobby

Re: [OT ITA] The Spamm bars

Dec 28, 2016, 24:41 pm Last Edit : Dec 28, 2016, 12:46 pm by SumitAich
Quote from: dally on Dec 28, 2016, 11:57 am
It depends. Six Tonna? Whose 'the picture in the avatar?
If, let's talk.

there is no room for your shit in a microcontroller forum. what you are looking for is called a dating site.

Sorry Dude...I couldn't resist.

TKall:
Sorry Dude...I couldn't resist.

I was wondering who'd take that bait. Heh, troll successful.

Well. SumitAich doesn't speak and understand Italian. But he came into the Italian bar with some blue moody moon under a female avatar, and my answer was a cool response, Kidding on his female avatar. So I was expecting a laugh. You are welcome. Instead he put a some "crap" in his mood. Literally, see what was written by Him.

SumitAich
non c'è spazio per la vostra merda in un forum microcontrollore

It's not cool, of course "Shit Happens" it's also said by a famous cars sticker. But the text above is not what I wrote, and the translation sucks.

Well I figured if anyone was going to hit on that avatar, it would likely happen on the Italian side of town.

You don't get the point. Having a good sense of humor reduces stress, helps you cope with pain, creates empathy in social situations. (And it can even improve your odds of finding an answer when you are looking for some help)

You can use the avatar of your wishes, including a female face even if you are a He. I won't judge, but I wonder: are you really in the position to classify the whole Italian Bar Sport as crap ?

He wrote (literaly translated) "there is no space for your crap in a forum which aims for technical discussion about microprocessors".

In the relax area? Good point, Captain. He has certainly got the point, but let me suggest some tips for your hobbies and new year: find five simple ways to enhance your sense of humor.

At some point you just learn to roll with it tho, develop a thick skin and just ignore the nay-sayers and complainers. You can't let it get it to you.

I thought your post was funny and in good fun. I thought the reply was kind of cute until you said it wasn't a woman. Any way....

As far as my avatar, I really am Gigantor.

TKall:
I thought your post was funny and in good fun.

it was. And it is :smiley:
I love my hobbies.

Get a colonoscopy, get your heart function tested, lose weight, lower you sugar intake, stop drinking alcohol, start eating yogurt.

That will keep you busy for some time. :wink:

After these things are dealt with, he can do any hobby he wants as he can have good healthy time doing so.

Boardburner2:
Current are arduino, sailing, carpentry/metalwork , modelling , and dog walking.

Just wondering what others around here get up to.

With the weather in the UK, I think it's best to have an indoor and outdoor pastime.

Indoors, I tinker with programming and hardware, which I have been doing since I was at secondary school.

My outdoor hobby has changed with my age. I spent 10 years living and breathing motorcycles. When I moved to the coast and settled down, I took up scuba diving for 20 years. 2000 dives seemed the right time to move on, so I bought a sailing dinghy last year which I am thoroughly enjoying.

And fixing the stuff my wife breaks occupies my time regularly enough, I am sure it counts as a hobby.

...nerdiest hobbies

Always have hated the word 'nerd' and the prejudice it conjures up. If we were gardening or whatever, they would call it 'passionate.'

Hi,

Get a colonoscopy, get your heart function tested, lose weight, lower you sugar intake, stop drinking alcohol, start eating yogurt.

Colonoscopy, have been getting one of those each year for 5 years two more years to go, due to heart/respiration function test, get colonoscopy done under very mild local.(Interesting, very interesting..)
Have lowered sugar intake, now its Diet Coke and a Mars Bar.
Don't drink, never acquired the taste, except for sweet apple cyder, but only in moderation.(medicinal)
Yogurt.....Noooooo.. I like to eat my food dead.

I'm happy, don't worry.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

travis_farmer:
motorcycle riding (88 Honda goldwing 1500/6)

I am my own personal key-maker, so …
… Trinity got robbed of her motorcycle.
Ducati 996. Mine is black.
I am a man in black.

MattS-UK:
With the weather in the UK, I think it's best to have an indoor and outdoor pastime.
, I took up scuba diving for 20 years. 2000 dives seemed the right time to move on, so I bought a sailing dinghy last year which I am thoroughly enjoying.

Exactly what i did nowhere near 2000 dives though

LarryD:
Get a colonoscopy,

That will keep you busy for some time. :wink:

Got that ~T shirt last month. :o
Sure did keep me 'busy'.

CrossRoads:
Find a non-check league to play in, then it's not too bad. Everyone has to work the next day.

Its not a bad idea , here though my age group is not catered for.
Softball is an option but does not grab my attention the same way.

TomGeorge:
(Interesting, very interesting…)

Yogurt…Noooooo… I like to eat my food dead.

Interesting would not be my choice of words.

Dead food, MARMITE.