Hobby Electronics Forum on LinkedIn

I could'nt find one, so I thought I would make one.

I could do with some company though!

http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Hobby-Electronics-4138670

Hi Simon,

I've joined the group to support this initiative. Think you should bring some more focus in the scope of the group to attract people, just HE is too wide ...

BTW I ordered your new book at amazon.de but they said it will only be available in june 2012! (9 months, looks like a real birth :)

Think you should bring some more focus in the scope of the group to attract people

Probably. I was surprised not to find more electronics groups there.

BTW I ordered your new book at amazon.de but they said it will only be available in june 2012!

Thanks Rob. My publisher tells me that both the new ones will be delivered from Amazon.com in November (this year) - so probably better to order it from there. I asked the publisher why there was such a delay from availability in US vs the rest of the world. Its partly down to the fact that the books do actually get shipped by ship! Clearly a very slow ship.

I usually get my authors copies here in the UK some time after they are delivering them in the US. So find myself in the strange situation of answering questions about one of my books that they are reading and I don't actually have a copy of!

Si.

Does anyone ever use linkedin for anything other than career stuff?

Its partly down to the fact that the books do actually get shipped by ship! Clearly a very slow ship.

So they get shipped to US and from there to Germany that explains june 2012 ;)

@westfw

Yes, I had several discussions about requirements (Volere, Suzanne Robertson et al) and about the innovation culture in the Netherlands (Innovation2.0) and last week I joined a TRIZ and innovation group. In short at linked in you can also talk to peers in area's you are interested in.

I've got an account but hardly use it at all. My school has a group for old boys that's about it for me.

@Si I signed up for your group FWIW :)

Rob

So they get shipped to US and from there to Germany that explains june 2012

@Rob - they are actually printed in the US, and 90% of my sales are to US, hence the apparent low priority for the rest of the world.

I find that sometimes the lower prices on Amazon.com and a good exchange rate make it cheaper to buy from Amazon.com than your country specific Amazon, even with the increased postage costs. I have an Amazon.com and an Amazon.co.uk account.

I signed up for your group FWIW

Thanks!

The Arduino Playground Group on there sometimes has some things of interest. As a social network, no reason why it shouldn't be for the spare time too. I have ended up making a separate LinkedIn account, one for work and one for the electronics and fun stuff. I'm not entirely sure if LinkedIn want you to do that, but I prefer to keep them separate.