Hola, alguien sabe como conectar el mini pci express a algun tipo de shield??

Hola, alguien sabe como conectar el mini pci express a algun tipo de shield??

"hi, actually the mini PCIe connector is designed to be fitted in a mini PCIe slot as pinout is compatible with that. since mini PCIe has several pinout options and since we don't have PCIe transceivers we are compatible with the USB configuration so if you plug the board your host will see SAM D21 USB and you won't have much use of the FPGA pins.
if you want to use FPGA pins on that connector you can use the standard mini PCIe connector and create your own board or wait for some "shields"/breakout boards from our side"

When shields or breakout boards???

i haven't seen brakout board with PCI-e connector. I'm also intrested if you find somewhere. Want to avoid design it by my self.

this plate came out months ago, it was said that an expansion board was going to come out to support mini-pcie, but nothing happened. The problem with the board is that it is very densely populated with circuits and has few options for making designs. In the end it has the form of a mini-pcie does not mean much in terms of compatibility, and it is necessary more support for FPGA.

In my opinion, it is a mistake to have done with an Intel Cyclone, knowing how Intel is for the open source business: in the end it does not do and does not allow to do.

It still something that they give free tools to create design. About 10y ago you have to pay year license for all of these tools.

I'm not sure when this free "web licences" for smaller devices started but it was almost all manufacturers take it in use at same time.

I think Lattice opensource toolchain is not supported by them. It was created by reverse engineering bitstream. So unknown characteristic and no warranty if there is some problems upcoming devices.

There are some design hiccups in Vidor booard like not having LVDS lines in PCI-e connector (required if you want to use fast ADC/DAC)

If you want to use FPGA as IO expander then you need that PCIe connector but if MKR connecter is enough if you just need complex processing or acceleration. Like creating precisious pulse patterns or doing some big matrix calulations or stream detection etc.

the VIDOR should be the star card for robotics, cnc and drones, but in the absence of support cards (Break Out Boards), I feel that it is very relegated in the arduino ecosystem. More inputs and outputs are required but they do not occupy the arduino I/O, since they affect the potential of the physical connection architecture.

El VIDOR deberia ser la tarjeta estrella para robotica, cnc y drones, pero en ausencia de tarjetas de apoyo (Break Out Boards), siento que esta muy relegada en el ecosistema arduino. Se requieren mas entradas y salidas pero que no ocupen las E/S de arduino, ya que afectan la potencialidad de la arquitectura fisica de conexion.

You can always get one of these: Amazon.com

If you cut the gray ribbon cable, you can either use the wires directly or make your own shield.

Hola, creo que usar una tarjeta Intel Galileo sería una opción, ya que esta es tal vez la única tarjeta que tiene por debajo una ranura para tarjetas PCIe.

De todas formas, sería una gran idea hacer un shield de este tipo, ya que podríamos reutilizar tarjetas de red en proyectos de arduino.