holding a potentiometers position

with a soft pot the result is similar to a slide potentiometer, except the fact the position isn’t held. I was wondering if in the code, I could have the last position of my finger be recorded even if I remove my finger.

Here is a link to the code for the basics of the soft pots and some code

http://bildr.org/2012/11/touch-sliders-with-a-softpot-arduino/

Thanks in Advance :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :wink: :smiley: ;D 8) :-* :fearful:

Thinking out loud, maybe write the value to EEPROM. When you take your finger of the pot, what value is read?

Thinking out loud, maybe write the value to EEPROM. When you take your finger off the pot, what value is read?

What does it read when not touched? ie, can you tell when it's not being touched? If so, easy, just retain the value when you detect that it's not touched, until it's touched again...

"just retain the value"

that is what i do not know what to do

We need to know what value it gives when not touched, I assume this resting value will be the same whenever its not touched.

If thats the case should be relatively simple to code for.

Can you test this? Just paste the exact same code that is in that example link you posted and see what the values are when you touch highest point, lowest point and not at all.

Ghostbusters: "just retain the value"

that is what i do not know what to do

You know about variables don't you? Just only update the variable if the pot is touched ;)