Home automation business with Arduino

Hey,

I'm planning to start a home automation business. How much will learning arduino from the ground up be helpful in this case (absolute noob as far as arduino is concerned)?

prathew:
Hey,

I'm planning to start a home automation business. How much will learning arduino from the ground up be helpful in this case (absolute noob as far as arduino is concerned)?

With that little bit to go on, probably a lot.

Suppose I become an expert in arduino. Can I base my entire product line on it?

prathew:
Suppose I become an expert in arduino. Can I base my entire product line on it?

Arduino, including the MEGA, are good for the basic controller for a Home Automation system. Here’s mine (before hooking all the external stuff up!)

That is an Arduino MEGA with a Sensor Shield, like THIS: on top of it to make things easy to connect.

Expert may take a while. Start HERE:

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop… (Which is what I know something about…) :wink:

I would say opening a business is different from learning a technology. If you are planning to eat out of it , hire people who are damn good at it , package it well !!

if u leave an arduino uno with lots of wires hanging out of it and except people to pay for it ....... . I think to provide a solution that can meet market's demand and compete other product. it should be controllable from all wireless devices phone, pad , web.. to do that u have to be damn good .

Vivek

I have the opposite problem. I have a solution to open the garage remotely by mobile phone and an Arduino yun , even opens the gate when you approach , and not only when you press the button ( uses GPS ) , it works fine in my condo they love it, but I do not know ' how to spread the project , can you help ?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1w-mp8BrxzUAxqMcupgCVQAQDzDfavuWNyruipj2oqDI&authuser=0

but I do not know ' how to spread the project

Post the project with code and details on the Instructables web site.