On 12th Jan over at http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=291796.0 I announced an intention to release all 11,000 lines of the source code for my Arduino based home automation system. The source code was released yesterday.
In the PUBLIC folder (directory) of Micro SD card on the system's website at http://www.2wg.co.nz you will find the following recent files:
- overview.pdf - A 34 page overview of the system.
- ha150127.ino - The main application sketch (over 8,000 lines)
- utility.h & utility.cpp - My utility library of common functionality (over 3,000 lines)
- stringsp.xls - My Excel strings database/management tool
I am releasing the application source code for the benefit of the Arduino community, who via this forum, have helped me solve a few difficult problems and get me to this point. I hope this release and the application website will disclose a few Arduino application development secrets ("how to" algorithms) and encourage others to pursue their Arduino application development objectives.
Key features of my home automation system that may interest you include:
- Webserver functionality including dynamic web page generation, html request processing, file uploads and downloads, security, session cookies, etc
- SD Card operations including web page browser, activity logging, direct file access, RAM backup and restart restore, etc.
- Home Automation including climate recording, PIR monitoring, device control.
- An email subsystem.
- RAM (memory) management including real time RAM monitoring and linked list caching.