"Home position" for RC Servo Motor

Hi guys, I bought a RC Servo motor just now and try to set the home position myself by just turning the shaft of RC servo motor myself. But when I upload the code, the shaft will turn to it own default home position. Whenever I turn the shaft back to the position that I wanted, it will back to it own default home position. Any method to set my own "home position" ?

Another question is I try to run my servo with microseconds, it worked but I try to read it and it gave me 544 microseconds and maximum is 2400 microseconds? Any method to fix it to maybe like default 500 to 2000 microseconds? Or just let it be like that?

Nothing in your post makes sense. Please read the "How to use this forum" post and follow the directions.

Do NOT turn the servo shaft by hand. That's the quickest way to damage the servo gears.

As for the "home position" there's really no such thing. If you're using the Servo library it will set the servo to a centre position equivalent to write(90) unless you have set some other value BEFORE you do the attach. If you want the centre to be in a different place mechanically then the normal thing to do is to change the position of the servo arm.

544 - 2400 is the Servo library default range. If you look at the documentation for servo.attach() you will see that it is possible to set the range e.g. to 1000 to 2000 (but I don't think you can go as low as 500 without changing the Servo code).

Steve

slipstick:
Do NOT turn the servo shaft by hand. That's the quickest way to damage the servo gears.

As for the "home position" there's really no such thing. If you're using the Servo library it will set the servo to a centre position equivalent to write(90) unless you have set some other value BEFORE you do the attach. If you want the centre to be in a different place mechanically then the normal thing to do is to change the position of the servo arm.

544 - 2400 is the Servo library default range. If you look at the documentation for servo.attach() you will see that it is possible to set the range e.g. to 1000 to 2000 (but I don't think you can go as low as 500 without changing the Servo code).

Steve

slipstick:

Steve

Thanks Steve. I know what to do now. Really appreciate it