home water system monitoring

Hi ,

I'm new to arduino please let me know if i can do the following project with arduino

project- home water supply system monitoring

Inputs-4 ultrasonic sensor inputs for water tank level measurements (2 ovearhead tanks one sump and
water well)
-4 flow sensors
-4 water pressure sensors
-3 electric valve position inputs(on/off)

Outputs-3 pump control (on/off)
-3 electric valve control (on/off)

Display out put (GUI)- 7" TFT from Nextion

i want to know if i can use a single arduino with any expansion shields to do this project

any help is much appreciated !

Thanks

Best regards
Achala

achalaamarasinghe:
-4 flow sensors

Uno has two interrupt pins. This probably means that you will need a Mega 2560, which has six…

Nick_Pyner:
Uno has two interrupt pins. This probably means that you will need a Mega 2560, which has six..

It's no exactly true. You can use Pin Change Interrupt on almost any pin. Yes, you will need to read pins state after interrupt to find out which one is changed. But it's not a big overhead .

thanks for replying

for the 4 flow sensors what pins to be connected to the arduino? and can i get the flow measurements of all 4 at the same time?

Depends on flow meter spec. Same for the water pressure sensors. Be aware - you need to use waterproof ultrasonic sensors. Otherwise you will need to replace them quite often.

for the flow,pressure and tank level (water proof ultrasonic) measurement sensor inputs what pins to be used analog/digital in the arduino?

ie for flow it's digital

Nick_Pyner:
Uno has two interrupt pins. This probably means that you will need a Mega 2560, which has six..

You don't need a Mega for that: not only has the Uno a total of 20 interrupt pins available, you don't even need interrupts with most flow sensors. They're so slow that even polling through an I2C port extender is fast enough! My sensors do just 30-60 pulses per second, at ~50% duty cycle... no problem there.

Thanks all for the replies !