Hope arduino uno and mega2560 improved to be debugged step by step

Dear arduino development team, arduino is more and more popular in the world, especially the two most popular boards: uno, mega2560. But there is an inconvenient: they can't be debugged step by step.

The boards can be debugged step by step is important. One reason is that it is easy and quick to find the bugs and fix them. Another reason is that the students and pupils can understand the program impressively and directly when debugging step by step. A lot of teachers use arduino uno/mega2560 as introduction programming for students/pupils.

Hope arduino development team improve uno/mega2560, make them can be debugged step by step.

Best regards.

@wanggaoteng

I dont think this is something you will see for those two boards using the current IDE systems.

Some of the newer boards do have the ability though as the MCU's are different and have headers suitable for that purpose.

It does however add a level of complexity that is often beyond new peoples ability.

ballscrewbob: @wanggaoteng

I dont think this is something you will see for those two boards using the current IDE systems.

Some of the newer boards do have the ability though as the MCU's are different and have headers suitable for that purpose.

It does however add a level of complexity that is often beyond new peoples ability.

Thanks for replying, @ballscrewbob Uno and mega2560 are widely spread, so many books are based on them. But the newer boards are lack of books/tutors, especially for how to use them to debug step by step. (Maybe I can't find them because of Google has been forbidden in my country and I am not good at English, it's hard to browse the so many English words in the webpage.)