Hosting interactive page on Uno + WiFi Shield

Hi there,

I am undertaking a fairly large project, which involves the use of an Arduino connected over WiFi, hosting a webpage that the user is able to interact with and change pin states on the Arduino itself. I am aware of how one can host a simple static page, but I am having difficulty learning how to receive data that the user inputs (via a mouse click or a key press).

Furthermore, can the Arduino only host simple HTML pages, or can CSS be incorporated into the code as well?

Many thanks!

but I am having difficulty learning how to receive data that the user inputs (via a mouse click or a key press).

This does not seem to be an Arduino issue. You have to design a page that lets the user interact the way you want, that has action methods that make new GET requests of the server.

The server needs to act on those GET requests, supplying the correct response.

Furthermore, can the Arduino only host simple HTML pages, or can CSS be incorporated into the code as well?

Style can be incorporated. The big question is where is the style sheet to be served from? It could be the Arduino (not the best solution) or it could be another (much faster) server.

Many thanks! Sorry for my late response.

Would you be able to point me in the right direction and advise on resources regarding implementing these GET requests on the Arduino-hosted server? Ideally, I would like to have the entire product contained within a single unit, not requiring interfacing with a separate server.

Your help is very much appreciated!