How big do my motors need to be?

Hi,
I need two motors to push 750g - 1kg of weight.

I have already tried these motors:

and slowed down/ increased torque with a gearbox gear ratio is 8:1.

This hasn’t been enough how much bigger do my motors need to be?

You need to measure the force required to move the weight -- use a luggage scale or something similar.

Then convert to torque, which you can compare to motor specifications. Here is an introduction to force and torque.

Discussion on converting torque to push.

Exactly what mechanism are you using to do the pushing? Motors don’t really push, they only turn.

Steve

arhd: I need two motors to push 750g - 1kg of weight.

Do you mean that you are moving the load horizontally or are you lifting against gravity?

If you are moving it horizontally, what is the load mounted on? How much friction is there? If you reduce the friction a small motor should be sufficient if a slow speed is OK.

...R

Diagram of the setup is very useful, with sizes, masses, gear ratios, wheel sizes, slope angle, etc

This is all very straightforward to calculate if you did mechanics in your math class.

I have attached images of the basic frame , the arduino and other parts will go on top.

It is basically a car with the two motors at the back

WIN_20170809_19_24_47_Pro.jpg

WIN_20170809_19_24_40_Pro.jpg

Images from Reply #5 so we don’t have to download them. See this Image Guide

7971be288d965a5a1770b8770554576d76aaff35.jpg

f44649a0ea48b2ad506bd55ed9208fa9a431c8b2.jpg

…R

What sort of surface do you want it to move on?

Will it need to go up hills?

How fast do you want it to go?

Can you post a clear photo of the motor and gearbox? My guess is that you need a gear ratio closer to 30:1 or 40:1 rather than 8:1

What batteries are you using to power the thing?

...R

arhd: I have attached images of the basic frame , the arduino and other parts will go on top.

It is basically a car with the two motors at the back

And how can we measure masses, wheel sizes and gear ratios from a photo?

Please post as many of these numbers as you glean...