How can I convert BME280 Data to morse code using a 433Mhz RF Module?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it would be possible to take the temperature and humidity data from a BME280 sensor, and then broadcast the data put as Morse code using a 315 or 433 MHZ rf transmit module. I would then use my own custom receiver to decode the message, as the receiver doesnt have to be an arduino in my case. Would this even be possible? Thanks

If Morse code transmission is allowed on the frequency, sure.

Why Morse if there’s no human in the loop?
Why make things more difficult than they need to be?

radeonroller:
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if it would be possible to take the temperature and humidity data from a BME280 sensor, and then broadcast the data put as Morse code using a 315 or 433 MHZ rf transmit module. I would then use my own custom receiver to decode the message, as the receiver doesnt have to be an arduino in my case. Would this even be possible? Thanks

Possible and legal don't mean the same thing.
Paul

OP has a measuring station and wants to transmit data to his receiver. Nobody else will be interested in the long run. Why create extra difficulties using Morse Code? It makes no sense.

However I remember thoughts from the early 1980:es. "Everybody" built Z80, or Texas 9900, hobby computers and guys having radio amateur licenses were talking about Morse code communication, how to receive, and a little, how to transmit. The fascination was to find ways to experiment with the microprocessor. For what good? Nothing. Just find a way to explore the "new" technic available by microprocessors, 40 years later....

Morse code is applicable to text only. The sensor data has to be converted into a string, then the string can be sent using Morse code or whatsoever. I think that a forum search for Morse code will show up some projects.

There are transmitter modules, extremely simple, which are transmit pure sine wave when an activation pin is pulled high. I used one once to transmit numerical data as pulses. Worked fine. I think it is call on-off keying. That would suit your purpose perfectly.

Morse code is only worth considering if there is the need for other humans to receive it.

Where do you see an essential difference between Morse and e.g. ASCII code?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.