How can I get direct access to the Serial Monitor (Linux)

I am using Arduino on Ubuntu.

At the moment to get to the Serial Monitor I must first open Arduino, and then select Serial Monitor from the Tools menu.

I want to be able to go to the Serial Monitor directly, either by having a link to it on the desktop, or pinned to the task bar. How can I do this please?

I don't know of any way to do that. However, there are other options for good free terminal programs, which will provide the same functionality as Serial Monitor (and much more functionality if you want).

pert:
I don't know of any way to do that. However, there are other options for good free terminal programs, which will provide the same functionality as Serial Monitor (and much more functionality if you want).

I did manage what I want, years ago on Windows XP. IIRC I searched out and by a bit of trial and error I found the executable for the Serial Monitor and just created a link to it and put it on the desktop.

I would try the same but I don't know my way around the Linux (Ubuntu) file system and a cursory look has failed so far to find where the executable files are stored.