How Can I Get Information of Surface With Arduino?

Firstly i am new in arduino forum so i am sory for my wrongs if there are.

Okey, you think that; solar panel , broken solar panel and dusted solar panel. I want to draft something with arduino sensors. It will return information about surface of solar panel. For example, if the solar panel is broken it will return a number or anything or İf the solar panel is dusted it will return different number or different thing so i will understand the solar ponal is normal,broken or dusted. How can i do this? Which sensors can i use ?

Thanks for your help.

I doubt if you can do much more than compare the performance (power delivery) of the solar panel against the expected performance (for the same sunlight conditions) and make an assessment of its condition.

I suspect measuring the performance won't identify a dirty panel because there is likely to be so much variation in output even with a clean panel.

I don't know how you would detect that a panel has broken glass - unless it produces zero output.

It might be possible to detect dirt on a panel by shining a light on it and measuring the reflected light. But unless you could scan the entire panel that would probably be no use.

Could you have a small test panel with an automatic cleaning system that could be used as a reference?

...R

Robin2:
I suspect measuring the performance won't identify a dirty panel because there is likely to be so much variation in output even with a clean panel.

I don't know how you would detect that a panel has broken glass - unless it produces zero output.

It might be possible to detect dirt on a panel by shining a light on it and measuring the reflected light. But unless you could scan the entire panel that would probably be no use.

Could you have a small test panel with an automatic cleaning system that could be used as a reference?

...R

Yes, i have a test panel. i use light sensor with arduino. and it was not work. it returned same value both broken panel and normal panel.

msonr2:
Yes, i have a test panel. i use light sensor with arduino. and it was not work. it returned same value both broken panel and normal panel.

Can you explain more clearly what you tried. A diagram might help. Also, what sort of light sensor?

...R