How can i hide my IP from my view.

I know the mods/admins and me only see this IP, but I want to hide it from my view. I have used an adblocker. But there seems to be different window sizes

Best regards - Aprox

If you're using Firefox, you might take a look at Greasemonkey. You can use it do some pretty advanced customization of the webcontent as it appears in your browser. I think there's an equivalent for Chrome.

I would like a way to do since i will have to logout when i want to record video or blurr it out. the site has different text boxes, and i am on microsoft edge chromium

You can open an "incognito" or private browser window to use for the video if you don't want to log out.

For Firefox: add these lines to userContent.css:

/* forum.arduino.cc - hide my IP */
li.poster_ip {display:none!important;}

Why does the Forum software display the user's IP address at all?

And shouldn't this Thread be moved to the Website and Forum section ?

...R

Robin2:
Why does the Forum software display the user's IP address at all?

Perhaps the intention is to reduce horrible behavior as the result of a sense of complete anonymity and no accountability.

pert:
Perhaps the intention is to reduce horrible behavior as the result of a sense of complete anonymity and no accountability.

I don't think it is necessary to display the IP address for that. For example your Reply #6 shows me that your IP address has been logged. Isn't that sufficient?

...R

perhaps it is to say that yes we can see your ip. this is not my problem, as the forum software has multiple sizes for each reply, and the ip keeps being showed on refresh, etc..

Erik_Baas:
For Firefox: add these lines to userContent.css:

/* forum.arduino.cc - hide my IP */

li.poster_ip {display:none!important;}

i used to use firefox, but now i am using msedge

i did it. Here is how.

I use Ublock Origin and it has this sweet feature of adding your own filters
and i added this, which removed the entire "poster_ip" element of forum.arduino.cc

The filter:
forum.arduino.cc##.poster_ip

posted a new thread about it.
please lock down this thread(mods) or don’t necropost any further.(users)

Thanks,
Your regards - Aprox. :wink:

aproxdoesdev:
posting a new thread on "Websites and forums".

I'm not sure if I understand. You are welcome to post a new thread if its on an original subject, but please don't create a new thread about this same subject. That's cross-posting and it's against the rules here.

aproxdoesdev:
please lock down this thread

Why should we do that? I think the discussion here has been interesting and productive.

aproxdoesdev:
or don't necropost any further.

What do you mean by "necropost"? It's less than three weeks old. Anyone is welcome to post to this thread as long as it's on topic.

And the only person who has been posting here recently is you, so it's an even more confusing statement.

I made a guide on "websites and forum" for other people seeking it.
i meant to say if you are seeing this then just move to this new thread and don't continue posting here,
and for mods to lock this thread because i don't think i will be replying to this

Good tip, I will use it too!