How can I "modify" the Firmata library?

I am doing a project with Kinect and Processing and I need to controll LEDs via TLC5940. The best way to communicate Processing with the Arduino is with Firmata library, with it, I can controll the board, but I need to controll the TLC5940 functions too without losing the Firmata compatibility.

I make my code in Processing (everything OK), then, with the FirmataStandard uploaded to the board, my arduino responds to what I've programmed at Processing, but if I want to initialize the TLC, or even power a led through it, doesn't work.

I'm not an expert, If you know a way to "modify" or "add" a library to the Firmata and make it work through Processing I would be very happy.

Thank you!

Modifying a library is easy, just open the file in any text editor, edit it, and save it. What particular modifications you need to make to it aren't very clear to me.

Modifying a library is easy, but you should be able to use a library AND do other things also.

The best way to communicate Processing with the Arduino is with Firmata library

That is nonsense. If Firmata WAS the best way, you’d have no need to modify it to make it do what you want.