How can I use Arduino Uno control a stepping motor?

Hi, I am a beginner of Arduino Uno. I want to control my stepper motor by using Arduino products. The issue is that I am going to use my own application software (VC++ program) talk with Arduino Uno through serial port, and send command to the Arduino Uno. Then the Arduino Uno control the stepper motor as commanded.

Is there any way to control the Arduino Uno by my own software?

Arduino communicates via USB-serial port. Many programs can drive that.

Which stepper motor? There are basically two kinds and they are not really the same. Low-impedance bipolar steppers have high performance and need a constant-current chopper-drive controller (the Pololu A4988 is a common example for small steppers). High voltage supply allows faster operation.

Unipolar steppers with high impedance windings are the other sort, and often a ULN2803 or 4 BJTs is all that's needed to interface them. The supply voltage is fixed and maximum motor speed is modest.

There are libraries to drive steppers, called, appropriately Stepper and AccelStepper.

If I control the stepper motor. I will use a stepper motor driver module. As the microcontroller, it only need to ouput several signal: pulse, direction, enable. But the cotroller need to set how many pulse need to be output.

Hi, I am a beginner of Arduino Uno. I want to control my stepper motor by using Arduino products. The issue is that I am going to use my own application software (VC++ program) talk with Arduino Uno through serial port, and send command to the Arduino Uno. Then the Arduino Uno control the stepper motor as commanded.

If you want technical advice about hardware (like a motor or driver) you need to post a link or datasheet for said hardware. If you only want general software advice , that's another matter but don't come back and tell us you burned up your motor and blew up your board.