How can I use Buckled Analog Port of sensor Sheild v4?

Hey, I can't figure out how I can program my analog buckled port on Arduino Sensor sheild v4 to control four ESC of a quadcopter?

What is an “analog buckled port”?

Why is this a programming topic?

rx290:
how I can program my analog buckled port

If you mean that an analogPin has got bent out of shape then you need to post a photo so we can see what you are talking about. See this Simple Image Guide

...R

This is the Sensor sheild I’m using. What I want to ask is how can I use these 3 pin buckled analog port to control 4 ESC ?
In general we use a program which uses a ground wire and a digital pin to control the speed of a brushless motor directly from our computer.

images (9).jpg

Image from Reply #3 so we don't have to download it. See this Simple Image Guide

images (9).jpg

...R

I can't tell from your image what type of connector is intended to used with those "buckled" connectors. "Buckled" is a strange word to use - presumably in this case it means that the connectors have a clip to make it difficult for them to fall out.

Can you post a link to the datasheet for the board - that will probably give the spec for the connectors.

...R

Buckle == boucle == loop?

Hi,
Here is a better diagram, showing the pinouts of the analog sockets.

Tom... :slight_smile:

The Itead page for this shield seems to have suffered in translation. For instance

Each brick module has buckled port and herder pins with VCC, GND and Data, with a plain 2.54mm dual-female cable you may start playing already.

I would guess that "herder" pins are header pins and that "bucked ports" provide some sort of captive connections but I have not found any details

Hi,
This link should solve most of your worries.
Wayyyyy back in 2011;

Tom... :slight_smile:
PS I just googled buckled ports...

rx290:
Hey, I can't figure out how I can program my analog buckled port on Arduino Sensor sheild v4 to control four ESC of a quadcopter?

Would help if you posted a link to the ESCs and the quadcopter, but most ESCs take the same type signal as a servo, so you might want to look at the Servo library and see if you can drive the ESCs through that (in that case the analog ports will be used as digital outputs, but the servo library has no problem with that).

Latching? (Mechanically)

Grouped together? VCC,AO,GND

Hey, sorry for late reply. I hope your all are doing well!
Yes I want to use latching / buckled Analog Port to control my 4 ESC.
But what the package said was 22 A Chinese ESC with A2212/15T 930kv brushless motor. The frame is of f450 quadcopter with integrated power distributor.
I've used servo library and digital pin 9 to test these and they're working fine.

The main question how should I code to use these A0-A4 ports to run each Motor simultaneously at same speed?

rx290:
The main question how should I code to use these A0-A4 ports to run each Motor simultaneously at same speed?

After all this do you mean that your question is only about software and is not about "buckled ports" at all.

You can use analogPins (such as A0) as digital pins. In other words you should be able to do

myServo.attach(A0);

If that does not help then please post the program that represents your best attempt and tell us in detail what happens when you run it and what you want it to do that is different.

...R

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
Buckle == boucle == loop?

Well i tried that myServo.attach(A0);
but it didn’t work here is my code:

#include <Servo.h>
Servo myservo;
int value = 63;
int val = 0;

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
myservo.attach(A0);
myservo.attach(A1);
myservo.attach(A2);
myservo.attach(A3);
delay(1);
myservo.write(10);
delay(5000);
}

void loop()
{
while(Serial.available()>0)
{
if (Serial.read() == ‘1’)
{
value +=87;
}
else if (Serial.read() == ‘2’)
{
value +=137;
}
else if (Serial.read() == ‘3’)
{
value +=187;
}
Serial.println(value);
}
myservo.write(value);
}

i want this code to Arm and spin my motors simultaneously and as soon as i enter values at serial monitor it increment the initial value.

myservo.attach(A0);
  myservo.attach(A1);
  myservo.attach(A2);
  myservo.attach(A3);

How many servos have you got named myservo ?

Oh I see I've created 1 instance for four ESC my bad!
But I've tried them one by one and still got nothing!
It works perfectly when I connect them to digital pins directly but they won't work on GVS or SVG both digital and analog pins respectively.

nopes it didn’t work ._.