How can I write striked text?

Hi everybody,

the menu above the texteditor has no option to strike text.

But I have seen it from time to time in postings so there must be a "command" like

[ code ] [ \ code ] that does the trick.

what is this command?

best regards Stefan

~~ text ~~
with no white space.

text

1 Like

hy LarryD this works for single words.
mystrikedtesttext

is there a variant for striking a complete paragraph that has spaces ?

my
paragraph
with spaces

here it works but in my posting where I want to use it it does not work
Don't know what a "normal" space and a "white" space is

best regards Stefan

It works for Paragraphs:

~~It was July 21, 1969, and Neil Armstrong awoke with a start. It was the day he would become the first human being to ever walk on the moon. The journey had begun several days earlier, when on July 16th, the Apollo 11 launched from Earth headed into outer space. On board with Neil Armstrong were Michael Collins and Buzz Aldrin. The crew landed on the moon in the Sea of Tranquility a day before the actual walk. Upon Neil’s first step onto the moon’s surface, he declared, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” It sure was!~~

It was July 21, 1969, and Neil Armstrong awoke with a start. It was the day he would become the first human being to ever walk on the moon. The journey had begun several days earlier, when on July 16th, the Apollo 11 launched from Earth headed into outer space. On board with Neil Armstrong were Michael Collins and Buzz Aldrin. The crew landed on the moon in the Sea of Tranquility a day before the actual walk. Upon Neil’s first step onto the moon’s surface, he declared, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” It sure was!

1 Like

Nice Lorem Ipsum @front-man

Hi frontman,

ah ! the secret is to have no space between the two tilde-symbols and the text

best regards Stefan

:wink:

If you want to learn more about the subject in general, this is a decent reference:
https://www.markdownguide.org/

The forum also supports some flavor of BBCode and a subset of HTML, but Markdown is the most lightweight of the three and its capabilities will likely meet 99% of your manual markup needs.

I'm too old-fashioned :wink: And still use [s]hello[/s]