how can this chip be useful ?

http://www.atmel.com/devices/ATSAME70J21.aspx?tab=parameters

so such chips can operate at over 300Mhz , but have no support from DRAM memory or an MMU so cannot be used to run an operating system .. what can these chips be useful for ?

You don't need an MMU to run an OS.

Why do you think it useless just because it has no MMU or DRAM? Why do you think these things are needed?

Mark

You don't read the manufacturer's answer:

Related Applications for ATSAME70J21
Home Appliances

Motor Control

Smart Energy

Data Concentrators
Electricity Meters
Gas and Water Meters
In-Home Display Units

Why?

i actually did read that , but 300Mhz ??? ain't that an overkill even for that .
without an emulator , you cannot run an operating system without an MMU (as far as i know)
i did not say it's useless . i want to know how would a chip capable to run at 300Mhz can be of much benefit without being able to run an operating system like linux .

you cannot run an operating system without an MMU

You can't run Linux, or any other OS that requires address mapping and protection, but plenty of OSs don't have to have an MMU.

AWOL:
You can't run Linux, or any other OS that requires address mapping and protection, but plenty of OSs don't have to have an MMU.

it highly depends on what you mean with "OS" .
i really like this section . i will posting here from now on ,

If I where designing a digital camera that chip would be on my list.

Look deeper into the datasheet I think you will find that the DIO pins can by used as an address/data bus to extend the amount of memory. Mass storage devices.

Mark

holmes4:
If I where designing a digital camera that chip would be on my list.

It wouldn't be on mine; no DSP, no MIPI, no graphics, not enough RAM.

thank you very much . that was a valuable exchange . consider me a student or a child and answer this noob question for me please , so getting a chip like the Atmega1280 or something like that then making a setup for it on a PCB (bare-minimum) would not require much .. just the power management the USB(FTDI) chip , oscillator and simple stuff like that .. though how would making a setup for that chip be like ? aside from the PLL and the power supply and management circuit

The IC technology has advanced to the point where high speeds are very easy to achieve. A manufacturer would be shooting themselves in the foot to lower it, because many applications do require it.

amine2:
thank you very much . that was a valuable exchange . consider me a student or a child and answer this noob question for me please , so getting a chip like the Atmega1280 or something like that then making a setup for it on a PCB (bare-minimum) would not require much .. just the power management the USB(FTDI) chip , oscillator and simple stuff like that .. though how would making a setup for that chip be like ? aside from the PLL and the power supply and management circuit

Look under the "documents" tab on the IC web page. You will find the answer there.

It does have a camera interface (about 2/3 the way down the features list)

Mark

aarg:
Look under the "documents" tab on the IC web page. You will find the answer there.

damn , thank you very much ... that place has some interesting stuff