how connecr FDTI chip to Arduino?

Hi all,

I have a camera with usb output(FTDI chip) and my camera speed is 1000 FPS. i connect properly with this chip through c# application, i use FTD2XX.DLL available in "Code Examples - FTDI" for this work.
now, i want to connect this chip to my arduino board for read data and i want to use below library for this work
Arduino/build/windows/dist/drivers/FTDI USB Drivers at master · arduino/Arduino · GitHub
i have below question:
1-do i can use this library? if yes,how can add this library?
2-do can arduino support this speed(because The CPU is only clocked at 16MHz which is much slower than some USB data rates)
3-do have anyone advice or Experience on use of FPGA or ARM for this?

What camera? Link please.

You probably don't need to use any FTDI at all. The Arduino may be able to communicate with it directly.

What speed? You did not specify a baud rate.

camera is line scan and Is handmade by ccd sensor
http://www.eureca.de/datasheets/01.xx.xxxx/01.04.xxxx/01.04.0059/TCD1205DG.pdf

i have not any problem in camera side.
baudrate:115200

MorganS:
You probably don't need to use any FTDI at all. The Arduino may be able to communicate with it directly.

FTDI chip have API commands and should add library for use of API commands

mmhr:
I have a camera with usb output(FTDI chip) and my camera speed is 1000 FPS.

This so far beyond the capability of an Arduino as to be another Universe.

Have you any idea how many megabytes of data is involved in 1000 FPS ? An Uno has 2k of SRAM and a 16 MHz processor.

...R

2 megabytes of data is involved in 1000 FPS . in your opinion, which platform Is appropriate?

That datasheet doesn't mention baud rate so I think there must be something else in between the 'camera' and the outside world.

If you think you need an API with the Arduino then you are looking at it the wrong way.

mmhr:
2 megabytes of data is involved in 1000 FPS . in your opinion, which platform Is appropriate?

Do you mean 2 megabytes per frame ? 640x480x3 (3 for full colour) is 0.9MB Most cameras now are much higher resolution than that. The JPEG still images on my camera are about 3MB each.

At least a Raspberry Pi.

...R

Robin2:
Do you mean 2 megabytes per frame ? 640x480x3 (3 for full color) is 0.9MB Most cameras now are much higher resolution than that. The JPEG still images on my camera are about 3MB each.

At least a Raspberry Pi.

...R

this camera is line scan no area scan and have only 2048 pixel(black and white), yes 2 megabytes per frame.
i am not familiar with Raspberry Pi, in your opinion below tutorial is appropriate for me?

mmhr:
this camera is line scan no area scan and have only 2048 pixel(black and white), yes 2 megabytes per frame.

This makes no sense. How do you get from 2048 pixels to 2 megabtyes.

If your camera already has USB output and an RPi has USB input why would need any FTDI device ? An RPi is just a small PC without a screen or keyboard.

...R

Robin2:
This makes no sense. How do you get from 2048 pixels to 2 megabytes.

because is 2 megabytes each image of this camera!

Robin2:
If your camera already has USB output and an RPi has USB input why would need any FTDI device ? An RPi is just a small PC without a screen or keyboard.

because is FDTI chip USB output of camera, i can connect to it and read data with C# Application , but can not send output of pc to other device (for example Arduino board) in high speed(less than 3ms) , speed is 200 ms of pc to arduino Through Ethernet port(for 40 output).
so, I decided to connect directly my camera to other device and active or deactivate output pin Without interface.

mmhr:
because is 2 megabytes each image of this camera!

Then it is NOT 2048 pixels - 2048 is 2 thousand, not 2 million

because is FDTI chip USB output of camera, i can connect to it and read data with C# Application , but can not send output of pc to other device (for example Arduino board)

I know you cannot connect it to an Arduino - but we have told you it is not suitable.

If you can connect it to a PC you should be able to connect it to a Raspbery Pi - you just can't program a Pi with C# which is a Windows product.

This is no longer an Arduino Forum problem. Perhaps there is an RPI Forum ?

...R

ok, thanks in Advance Robin2 .