how critical is the charge rate??

Hey gang I have a question about my cell phone charger. I am going to purchase a backup external battery pack for my phone, and one that I think would be good has 1 output at 500mAh and another one at 1000mAh. My charger that came with the phone delivers at 700mAh. Am I going to do any damage by using either port on the backup battery pack to charge my phone's battery? What's the downside to not matching the output rating of the regular wall charger?

The wall wart just supplies raw power. The charging circuit is built into the phone itself.

Good point.... why would it have that written right on it then?

Try this one. Hopefully it shows up...

The photo isn't working.

Does it now? (crossing my fingers)

OK, if your original charger actually says 700mA without the "h", I suggest you go with the 1000mA one.

My charger that came with the phone delivers at 700mAh

mAh is a capacity rating. The charger is built into the phone - as long as the voltage is correct, the current rating doesn't matter, it'll just take longer to charge at a lower current.

liudr: OK, if your original charger actually says 700mA without the "h", I suggest you go with the 1000mA one.

Oh wait yea- Sorry I don't know if you guys can see the pic or not but yea it says 7A. There's no h. I shoulda' clued into that. I'd been looking at capacities for awhile so immediately thought there was an h there. So it's the amp rating. 7A. All that should mean then is that it's giving out 7A at a given time, which affects how fast the battery can charge? That's a guess.

No, it says 0.7A