How do I find the IP address of my Arduino Yun?

I've found that my Arduino Yun likes to change it's IP address now and then (I think it's a DNS issue). But now that it's changed, is there an easy way to find the IP address through usb or other means of communication? Thanks for any help.

If you make a note of the MAC address, then you can see it in the list of attached devices on your router and the IP that is assigned to it.

Once you know the MAC address, you can then reserve an IP in your router, so every time you connect, your router will issue it with the same IP address.

joshkarges: I've found that my Arduino Yun likes to change it's IP address now and then (I think it's a DNS issue). But now that it's changed, is there an easy way to find the IP address through usb or other means of communication? Thanks for any help.

It's certainly NOT a DNS issue, as DNS only resolves names/URLs to IP addresses, it does not effect the assignment of DNS addresses for any hosts. If this happens on your own LAN, try to run an IP scanner like Ziber's "Angry IP Scanner" (http://angryip.org/) to scan the LAN. But even if your router (or other DHCP server on your LAN) will (has to!) honor the IP request of the Yun, if that is set to receive an IP address via DHCP, it should not "like to change it's IP address". If something remotely like this would indeed happen, you rather have a different issue in your LAN alltogether.

Ralf

Avahi-resolve -n arduino.local does it for me on Linux. I'm sure there are similar utilities for other OS's.

Another way is to load yunserialterminal sketch and run ifconfig

Hi I have problem with my yun wifi I mean after I configure it , I can not find it's IP. Please help me

Upload and run WifiStatus example sketch

At the beginning I couldn't find it too, you can try this app if you have android phone. Fing - Network Tools This app scans all your network and shows the nodes

If you cant connect via wifi try connecting with Ethernet and then configure the Yun.

Or you can totally reset the Yun. In order to reset to factory settings push the WLAN RST button for 30 secs. If you reset the Yun all settings will be lost