How do I get paid help ?

I have 2 sketches that both work, call them S1 and S2.
They both track satellites but their interfaces and detailed functions are really different.

S1, accepts the name of a satellite, finds it in the sky and points an antenna at it and tracks it across the sky for about 10 minutes. It uses RC model cars/airplanes servo motors to move the antenna. The ham radio connection is left to the operator.

S2 keeps track of 5 or so satellites, locks onto one and tracks it. It also connects a ham radio to it for voice communications. It uses 2, 12v DC motors to move the antenna.

Everything about S1 works fine except I dont like the use of the servo motors and want to change them out to what is used in S2 along with the controller a LM298

So, leave S1 alone except swap out how it moves the antenna and move the motors as what is done in S2.
S1, also uses this board to control the servo motors. I was told that it is not necessary as there are only 2 motors and the Feather Huzzah can handle the motors just fine.

And what help do you want? And what's the budget?

(deleted)

Ha! I knew somebody was going to say that!

zwieblum:
And what help do you want? And what's the budget?

I thought that I was clear in this is what I want.

So, leave S1 alone except swap out how it moves the antenna and move the motors as what is done in S2.
S1, also uses this board to control the servo motors. I was told that it is not necessary as there are only 2 motors and the Feather Huzzah can handle the motors just fine.
I would prefer if someone gave me an estimate. I have a budget and will correspond via PM.
I would like to send the 2 .ino files along with the appropriate sub programs, though I dont know how to do it.

It would have been a lot clearer if you had simply said "I want S1 to use DC motors to move the antenna instead of servos" and explain what exactly it is you don't like about servos. At least, that's how I understand what you want.

Hint: to do this with a DC motor, you'll end up turning it into a servo anyway, so it's a great idea if you would say why you don't like R/C servo motors.

Cedarlake, the movement with the servos is jerky and takes long leaps, whereas the movement of the DC motors was a lot smoother and not so jerky. It could be that there is something additional in the 2 different approaches besides just the motors but that is yet to be determined.

If you pre-calculate the servo's movement over time, then feed the movements t0 it them say.. 10 ms increments. They run smoothly.

Might be an easier way to go.

-jim lee

And you could get "standard size" or bigger RC servos. Some in the upper price range have adjustiable PID parameters.

jimLee:
If you pre-calculate the servo’s movement over time, then feed the movements t0 it them say… 10 ms increments. They run smoothly.

Might be an easier way to go.

-jim lee

Interesting idea Jim, thanks