How do i make a fingerprint match limit for attendance system

Good day great arduino fam, i am new here. please i need assistance with a project i am working on. its on fingerprint attendance system.
my question is : how do i make a fingerprint match limit that is,(assuming fingerprints have been enrolled), place finger on fingerprint module for matching and setting maximum matching as 2.....1st match--sign-in, 2nd match--sign-out, 3rd trial-->error or user defined response?
i would be glad if i am assisted with this challenge. tnks

Moved your topic to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Rather than trying to guess what the user is trying to do by the number of times they use the fingerprint sensor, why not just ask them with a couple buttons?

The user presses the button to sign in and then puts their finger on the sensor.

The device then gives visual and audio feedback that there was a match or no match.

Their name should pop up and a light should turn green on success along with a pleasant ding. An error message should appear with a red light turning on if there is no match along with a less pleasant dong.

That way it is obvious if there is an issue without the leader in the room having to pay too much attention to it.

And a user knows to try again if there's an error or call for assistance.

Log every attempt to sign in and out with a timestamp for reporting later.

Time limit.

Device is check in only in the morning 7-10; check-out only in the afternoon 15-18.

Those that scan their print 10-15 and are not yet checked in are flagged as slackers for they're late; those that scan their print but are already checked in are flagged as slackers as they're trying to leave early.