How do i make something go up and down?

Hello! Im new to arduino's and i need some help. I am going to grow some dill and i am going to configurate an arduino that will give water to my plant. Does anybody know how to do something like this?

Have you searched the forum? There are quite a few threads about plant watering.

Maybe google "arduino pump" or similar and see what you find. I imagine you will have some flow rates in mind?

Edit.... not quite sure what that has to do with your thread title, the "up and down" thing?

JimboZA: Edit.... not quite sure what that has to do with your thread title, the "up and down" thing?

I suspect the OP has already started solutionising: probably a watering can being tipped up (delivering water) and back down again (stopping the water flow). Just guessin'!

Ralph_S_Bacon: I suspect the OP has already started solutionising: probably a watering can being tipped up (delivering water) and back down again (stopping the water flow). Just guessin'!

Hmmmm, or perhaps to operate the flush of a toilet cistern, something like that.

That's a neat way to deliver a fixed quantity of water.