how do I make something happen if a time condition is met or exceeded?

Hi- I'm hoping to find a way of making the following code work correctly: the short of it is that I can get the post-trigger sequence to run, but only after I let go of the switch. This is good, because I don't want the switch to allow anything through with less than a half-second response time. Trouble I'm having is how do I get the downstream timers going if/when the switch triggers 500ms. In its current config, the program does nothing until the gSwitch is triggered, and then it beeps happily every second counting down, but

soopirV900:
In its current config, the program does nothing until the gSwitch is triggered, and then it beeps happily every second counting down, but

I hate it when people don't finish there.
Could you post your code?

And look at the demo several things at a time

...R

The most common way would be with an [u]If Statements[/u] and with the >= (greater than or equal) operator to determine if the time is up, or the time has past.

I suggest you read through the [u]Arduino Language Reference[/u]

Pay particular attention to "Control Structures" part of the language reference. You probably won't understand everything when you first read through the language reference, but it's not that much to read and you'll get an idea of what you can do.

The 3 concepts that make computer programming really useful are conditional branching (if-statements, etc.), loops, and the ability to do math & logic. There's a lot more to programming and a TON more to the C++ language, but once you understand loops, conditional branching (or conditional execution) and a little logic, you've got a really good understanding of what programming is all about!