How do I program this..??

Hey Guys..!!!

I have a AT32UC3C0512C 32-bit AVR Microcontroller. I need to find a device and a software to upload code to it.

I love the JTAGICE but it is way damn expensive. Is there any alternative...??

Can anyone also mention the connections and the drivers etc. required to do this...?

First of all, this question probably doesn't belong in this section. This section is for programming (code/software) questions. Your question is a hardware question.

Please tell us exactly what you have. Is it just a single unsoldered microcontroller in an anti-static bag? Or is it soldered to a circuit board? Which circuit board? Dev board? Make? Model? The connectors on the board are which type and which standard?
If not already soldered to a circuit board, which circuit board or breakout board are you planning to solder it to?

I don't have time to look up things now, but if it can be programmed with ICSP (MOSI MISO and SCK) then you can program it using an Arduino and some jumper wires and the ArduinoISP program from the examples.

...R

Thread moved.

I am getting my AT32 Soldered to a 144-pin TQFP breakout board (similar to the one in the pic attached).

Robin2:
I don’t have time to look up things now, but if it can be programmed with ICSP (MOSI MISO and SCK) then you can program it using an Arduino and some jumper wires and the ArduinoISP program from the examples.

…R

Will I be able to upload code in this way…?? This question is due to the fact that Arduino runs on a 8-bit Atmel MCU, but our target is a 32-bit one… :confused:

Arduino "runs" on a 64 bit PC, and depending on the board settings, gcc can generate code for many processors.

Robin2:
I don't have time to look up things now, but if it can be programmed with ICSP (MOSI MISO and SCK) then you can program it using an Arduino and some jumper wires and the ArduinoISP program from the examples.

...R

Hi Robin2,

Can I buy a pure new AVR chip (without build-in bootloader) and uploading the program to it by using ICSP. is there any other ways to upload the program to AVR chip?

Thanks,

Can I buy a pure new AVR chip (without build-in bootloader) and uploading the program to it by using ICSP.

Yes, that is how the fuses are set and the bootloader installed (if used). Or a sketch may be uploaded that will start right after a reset.

is there any other ways to upload the program to AVR chip?

If a bootloader is installed, then Reset will start the bootloader and the Rx/Tx pins can be used to upload a program.

Okay guys... Any bootloader and core files for the AT32UC3C0512C...?