how do i put this library into the IDE

How do i put this library i2cdevlib/Arduino/MPU6050 at master · jrowberg/i2cdevlib · GitHub into the IDE? The tutorial on libraries just covers opening a zip file but there's no zip file as far as i can see.

Cheers

If you are simply looking for an MPU6050 library, then you can go to Tools -> Manage Libraries... in the IDE and search on MPU6050. This will bring up a number of MPU6050 libraries that you can install from the Library Manager by just clicking the Install button.

If you want to use this library specifically, then from the examples it would seem that the files need to be in your sketch folder/directory and then the required header file included in your sketch with a statement like:

#include "MPU6050_6Axis_MotionApps20.h"

Note the double quotes rather than the than the angle brackets. This expects the files to be located in your sketch folder instead of from the Arduino hierarchy. There do seem to be quite a number of outstanding issues logged on the GitHub so expect to encounter at least some difficulties.

Aye but how to get those files into the library? I’m sure I’ve seen a tutorial on youtube way back where an address such as github was specified somewhere in the IDE so it could go and get them but i cant find the tutorial.

This works for me.
Download the zip file from this page. GitHub - jrowberg/i2cdevlib: I2C device library collection for AVR/Arduino or other C++-based MCUs
Unzip the file and navigate to the Arduino directory inside. Select the library you want to use and copy or move it into sketchbook/libraries along with the I2Cdev library from the same directory.

I cannot see any .zip files at that location. i just see .h files here i2cdevlib/MSP430/MPU6050 at master · jrowberg/i2cdevlib · GitHub

Use the green "Clone or download" button on the upper right hand side of the page. Note that this is not the page you posted.