How do I send Write commands over bluetooth?

Hi All,
I have a Arduino Uno that i would like to set up to be a bluetooth remote. My goal is to be able to send devices bluetooth commands like; Track Next, Pause, Volume, ect... Just like you could on a pair of wireless headphones or remote. This falls under the AVCTP bluetooth protocol

I have just purchased a HC-05 bluetooth device and I am curious how to send write commands from the device. It seems like everyone is only ever trying to read information from another device.

So, how do I send write commands over bluetooth?

Thank you

The generic HC05 module is just Serial (RS232) type data over Bluetooth
By default it doesn't support the AVCTP bluetooth protocol

You may be able to do this with Sparkfun's BlueSMIRF module, but you'd need to look at the spec on that device

If you are an experienced programmer and can build the appropriate hardware and find the appropriate software, it is possible to reprogram the HC05 modules to perform other functions, but in general its impractical to use the HC05 for anything other than serial over Bluetooth.

Note. I did some what appear to be HC05 devices on AliEpress pre-programmed to be a BlueTooth keyboard, but I think the seller would only sell in lots of 100, so that probably won't help you either

I guess I should give more information on my project. I have a Arduino Uno with a canbus shield. I am able to receive messages from my cars steering wheel. I want to relay those messages to my Android phone. I am using tasker with some audio plug-ins so if I could figure out how to set a variable in tasker with HC-05 that would work too.

I have seen arduino communicate with Android over bluetooth with the HC-05. But i have never seen the arduino doing the talking, just the listening.

Ill keep digging.....

Thank you,

Most arduino android chats are using bluetooth serial stack so arduino sends some texts to bluetooth module that appear on the android phone. The phone needs software to accept and parse the texts to take proper actions.

Have a look at Adafruits Bluefruit Ez-key. I've been playing around with one earlier today. It connects over the HID profile and can send all the commands you mentioned. Works with Android and iOS.

Ian.

ian332isport:
Have a look at Adafruits Bluefruit Ez-key. I've been playing around with one earlier today. It connects over the HID profile and can send all the commands you mentioned. Works with Android and iOS.

Ian.

Seems like just what I need thanks!