How do i stop video from looping and have it toggle off when it's done playing?

I need help!

I’m trying to have a video looping without stop(so that’s the neutral state), and then when a sensor is “activated” i want another video to start. when the video has run once, i want to return to the first video and have that loop.

I have gotten the second video to start playing instead of the neutral one when a bang has been sent, but i can’t get it to return to the neutral state. (the toggle won’t turn off automatically, the video just loops and loops).

here is what i have so far.(attached file)

Cheers!

What do you mean by a video? What is it being played on? How would an Arduino know when it is finished playing? If the Arduino did know it had finished playing how would it make it stop?

...R

So basically we want for example touch sensors connected to the arduino and when touched, a video clip starts playing. But while none of the sensors are being touched we want the "neutral state" to show another clip that is looping.

Right now we're jsut working with the code for the videos in maxMSP, and then we'll use it in arduino2max.

and when touched, a video clip starts playing.

The Arduino can't play a video, so it's time to stop pretending that it can.

Right now we're jsut working with the code for the videos in maxMSP

which doesn't run on the Arduino.

and then we'll use it in arduino2max.

So, you don't have a problem yet, because you aren't doing anything with the Arduino yet.

sandrahyper: So basically we want for example touch sensors connected to the arduino and when touched, a video clip starts playing. But while none of the sensors are being touched we want the "neutral state" to show another clip that is looping. Right now we're jsut working with the code for the videos in maxMSP, and then we'll use it in arduino2max.

How about answering my questions?

How about providing a comprehensive description of what you are trying to do - say 20 or 30 sentences? What equipment do you have, how do you plan to use the Arduino etc. ?

If you want useful help then try to make us as knowledgeable about your project as you are (unless, of course, you already have).

...R