How do I use the Elegoo car kit V 4.0?

Hi, I am really new to Arduino, and in order to start my journey in learning to use it, I have bought a Elegoo car kit v 4.0 .

I am having a lot of difficulties understanding how to make it move, since the guide given with the kit is really shallow, and most of all, the code provided does not work.

Moreover, I have found on Youtube a tutorial on how to use the v 3.0 kit, but apparently the newest version v 4.0 is totally different.

So, I am writing to ask if someone can help me finding a guide to start working with it, otherwise I am genually lost.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Your post was MOVED to its current location as it is more suitable.

Where can the software for the car be found and downloaded ?

I have found it on the Elegoo website, but as I said in the question, it does not work, since it gives a lot of errors.

Please provide a link to the software

it can be downloaded here. Moreover, I would like to write the code by myself, but I don't understand which are the right pins.

What exactly do you mean by this ?
Does it compile ?
I assume that there is a 'phone app to go with it

yes, I mean that it does not compile. The main problem found so far is that I cannot import the libraries, since it says to me that they are not present. I have tried to find the way to download them, but I can't find them online.

The required libraries appear to be in the 01 ReadMeFirst/CopyMeFirst folder of the Elegoo file named ELEGOO Smart Robot Car Kit V4.0 2021.05.08

Did you read and follow the instructions in the ReadMeFirst PDF files ?

1 Like

I didn't notice this, I went directly to the tutorial. I will try, thank you very much!

The clue was in the name of the ReadMeFirst files

Sorry if I write again, but I have followed all the instructions, but I can't make it work yet. In particular, when I run the code in:

\02 Manual & Main Code & APP\SmartRobotCarV4.0\SmartRobotCarV4.0.ino

I get the error:

SmartRobotCarV4.0_V1_20201229:10:10: fatal error: ApplicationFunctionSet_xxx0.h: No such file or directory
#include "ApplicationFunctionSet_xxx0.h"
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
ApplicationFunctionSet_xxx0.h: No such file or directory

thanks in advance.

When you are compiling SmartRobotCarV4.0_V1_20201229.ino how many tabs do you see in the IDE ?

only one, this is what I see:

In the folder where you found SmartRobotCarV4.0_V1_20201229.ino you will see a whole load of other files. They need to be in the same folder as SmartRobotCarV4.0_V1_20201229.ino when you compile it

Do I need to add it to the Arduino path?

Just copy all of the files into the same folder as SmartRobotCarV4.0_V1_20201229.ino and open the .ino again in the IDE

1 Like

Yes it works! Thank you very much!!

That's good

Do you understand why it needed all of the files ?

Not really, but I guess there is some kind of cascade of operations to be followed in order to run the code.