How does current flow in this circuit? [Solved]

Hi I'm trying to rebuild this a circuit based on a block diagram of the L298 ic with transistors but I'm not really sure which path the current takes when it flows back to ground

So here's the block diagram of the l298 which seems to consist of 4 npn transistors and 4 and ports per bridge

Usually h bridges use npn and pnp transistors, but this is different.

If A(pin5) is high and B(pin7) is low current flows from +Vs and both left transistors let the current pass, the lower left one allows it to pass directly to ground? Or does it only pull it to the ground if there's excess load on it.

And when current flows from out1, through L1 back into out 2 how does it flow back to ground if the signal on pin7(B) is low? It can only flow back to +Vs correct?

If I would make this circuit from normal npn transistors would it work?

Tentationem: Hi I'm trying to rebuild this a circuit based on a block diagram of the L298 ic with transistors but I'm not really sure which path the current takes when it flows back to ground

So here's the block diagram of the l298 which seems to consist of 4 npn transistors and 4 and ports per bridge

Usually h bridges use npn and pnp transistors, but this is different.

If A(pin5) is high and B(pin7) is low current flows from +Vs and both left transistors let the current pass, the lower left one allows it to pass directly to ground? Or does it only pull it to the ground if there's excess load on it.

And when current flows from out1, through L1 back into out 2 how does it flow back to ground if the signal on pin7(B) is low? It can only flow back to +Vs correct?

If I would make this circuit from normal npn transistors would it work?

That is just a standard H-Bridge. The enable pins just allow you to turn on or turn off the gates that drive the bridge. Don't let that confuse you. Just look at a PLAIN H-Bridge circuit, understand how it works, then come back to this circuit and all will be clear.

(edit to add): That bridge IC probably has either pullups on the gate outputs or else the gates run at the same voltage as Vs. Since the top transistors are NPN, they need to be driven with a minimum of Vs - 0.7 volts.

A complementary PNP/NPN circuit would seem to have made more sense....... maybe there's an error in the diagram?

Tanks for the quick response

This is a standard h bridge and everything is clear here

A goes to the upper left and the lower right transistor and B to the upper right and the lower Left one

But in the block diagram of the l298 A goes to the upper left and the lower left while b goes to the upper and lower right

Either it's pnp and npn or maybe the wires are wrongly connected in the block diagram of the L298?

I think I get it the little circles on the and gates invert the signal I guess that's it. -_-

Should have looked more carefully Tanks Guys