How I mounted my Seeeduino V2.2 (ATmega328P)...

On Monday, January 17, 2011, I visited the local post office to see if my package from Seeed Studio has arrived. Luckily, it did, and so I commuted to SM Megamall, to visit Alexan (my electronic parts supplier) and get what I needed before I start working with my new toys.

As you can see, I made my own mount using the bottom part of the white casing. I used my needlenose pliers and hot glue gun. I wanted to be able to close the casing, in the event I wanted to transport it.

Kuya Marc

Very nice. I really like the Seeeduino boards, they have lots of features missing or different from the Arduino standard. I own two of their Mega boards.

Lefty

retrolefty: Very nice. I really like the Seeeduino boards, they have lots of features missing or different from the Arduino standard. I own two of their Mega boards.

Lefty

Thanks! I just the only one... I do have an Arduino UNO in my Seeed Studio shopping cart... I'm hoping to meet other Seeeduino users...

Kuya Marc

If you do ever get a Seeeduino mega board, you will find that it wires up 16 additonal I/O pins from the mega1280 chip that the Arduino mega board doesn't even wire up to any connectors.

Lefty

retrolefty: If you do ever get a Seeeduino mega board, you will find that it wires up 16 additonal I/O pins from the mega1280 chip that the Arduino mega board doesn't even wire up to any connectors.

Lefty

On that note, how do you use the extra pins in the Arduino environment? Do I have to add a new board definition?

how do you use the extra pins in the Arduino environment? Do I have to add a new board definition?

Unfortunately because the Arduino team didn't break out those extra 16 pin, they also didn't define them in the pin mapping core library. So commands like digitalRead() and digitalWrite() won't access those additional pins. However one can access them using direct port commands. The method is shown here for 328 I/O ports: http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Learning/PortManipulation

It would be nice if someone could flesh out the arduino pin mapping routines to make use of these additional mega1280 pins, but it's well beyond my capabilities and I don't suspect the Arduino team is willing to support pins for boards they don't manufacture.

Lefty

Hello Everybody!

I don't think I'll ever get my hands on an Arduino Mega (unless someone gives me one). The ATmega328P is probably as "advanced" as I'll go.

MM

[quote author=Kuya Marc link=topic=50299.msg364338#msg364338 date=1296829272] Hello Everybody!

I don't think I'll ever get my hands on an Arduino Mega (unless someone gives me one). The ATmega328P is probably as "advanced" as I'll go.

MM

[/quote] Send me your snail mail and/or post office box address! I'll send you one!

But you will have to use it and tell us all what you are doing with it!

the 328 is sooooo pedestrian!

Gotta be at least a 1280!

My email is

andrew_t1000@live.com.au

I'm serious!

If I go to the trouble of sending you a Mega and you don't use it to it's fullest......

I will hunt you down and castigate you severely!

Does anyone know how to access the whole 32KB of flash?

I tried the Duemilanove 328P board setting, and now I think I've corrupted the bootloader.

All it does is flash TX and L LEDs. Have to bust out the programmer me thinks.

Why is it always such a PITA to use other hardware with the Arduino IDE? I had to jump through hoops to get my Sanguino board working too.