How is the power distributed when using l298N and arduino?

Hello!

I am doing a very basic project. I ordered the robot chassis from here(http://www.ebay.com/itm/2WD-Car-Chassis-Kit-Smart-Robot-Speed-Control-Encoder-Battery-Box-For-Arduino-/292090853676?hash=item4401f8b92c:g:4w8AAOSwIWVY-BbK)

I have:

A 9V battery A L298N hbridge module (For controlling motors) Two dc motors An arduino uno

My problem is that when I try to run both dc motors at once, one gets more power(almost 90%) than the other resulting in one wheel rotating and other just moving super slow.

I tried running simpler dc motors and they worked fine(both)

When running each motor individually, everything works fine.

I think I might need a 12V battery, but I would like to know how is the power distributed.

pupolajshu: My problem is that when I try to run both dc motors at once, one gets more power(almost 90%) than the other resulting in one wheel rotating and other just moving super slow.

I tried running simpler dc motors and they worked fine(both)

When running each motor individually, everything works fine.

I think I might need a 12V battery, but I would like to know how is the power distributed.

What's your definitions for 'dc motors' and 'simpler dc motors'?

Somebody mentioned in another thread that the L298N can supply up to 2 amp for EACH motor -- this will probably be max conditions - so will need to check. May need to take a look at your power supply (voltage source dedicated to the motors) specifications to see if it can supply at least 5 amp. And check out the specifications of your DC motors. What operating voltage and what max current level can they handle?

And to see if both your motors have similar operating characteristics. Each, interchange the motors, and see if the same behaviour occurs ----- meaning that the faster speed stays with the 'same' motor that was fast. Or whether only the same side remains 'faster'.