How many analog inputs does the 101 provide?

The intel Curie module provides 19 AD channels (6 high speed, 13 low power). The 101 by default only provides 6 analog input pins (AD0 to AD5), of which only four can be used if I2C is required (AD4 and AD5 become SCA and SCL).

My project requires at least 6 analog inputs AND I2C.

Is it possible to configure some of the GPIO pins as additional analog inputs on the 101 board?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

I don't believe so. I can't answer with 100% certainty since I don't have access to a data sheet, but the schematic shows that the I2C lines are physically connected to A5 / A6, and none of the other ADC lines look to be broken out from the processor as labeled in the schematic. I'm assuming they did this to keep the 101 compatible with current Arduino shields.

My best suggestion right now would be to use an analog multiplexer like this or a dedicated i2c ADC like this that you can throw on the I2C bus with whatever other devices you have. Though, if you have strict sampling requirements on your ADC inputs, these methods might not be good enough.

Maybe the moderators know differently?

Unfortunately chartle02 is right, pins A4 and A5 are shared with I2C (this is a UNO heritage) and no other ADC pin is broken out.

Thank you chartle02 and facchinm for your answers. That's a real bummer, since the curie module is so powerful and the 101 sort of cripples its capabilities.

Well, my hopes are now on a Curie-based successor to the Mega that provides full access to the ADCs and probably also to the pattern recognition engine. Maybe I'll get lucky on this one.