How to best approach proccesing extern WS2812B signal

I'm new to the Arduino but I've a bit coding knowledge from doing some CC+ and html 20 years back or so. Having lot of fun learning how to make my own sketches and playing whit addressable leds And I'm now at a point that I'm comfortable whit the adruino coding and think my idea is possible so I want to challenge my self whit this.

But I have a few questions about my project because I don't know if is possible, and what would be the best approach. I want to keep using my pc software "Asus Aura sync" to control lighting patterns and have everything in sync. My problem is, I found no real good options to do that.

I'm using a ATmeag328 whit 24LO1 "Adruino nano clone"

I'm getting more of those adruino's and want to set one up as sender and the rest as receivers. I want to read a WS2812B signal and send it out again :grin: I did read somewhere that it is possible to read this signal but need to wright a hole code to interpret and measure the length of a pulse.

Can the Fasltled library not bu used to work in reverse to do that?

And if so would it then be possible to read the signal and address it corresponding to leds even if they are on different outputs.

for instance incoming signal is for 100 leds, output 1 has led nr 1 to 15. output 2 has led nr 16 to 30 output 3 has led nr 31 to 45 and so on

The ws2812b signal is a 24bit signal the nano I use is only 8bit wil this be a problem? I don't mind if it means the nano can then only be used for one thing then.

I like to hear your guy's opinion thought's and ideas, links related to this, everything is welcome :D

Greetings and Love BigGizmo

-K

biggizmo: But I have a few questions about my project because I don't know if is possible, and what would be the best approach. ... I want to read a WS2812B signal and send it out again :grin:

Ah! The "XY Problem" yet again.

Why? Makes no sense. :roll_eyes:

Try again.

I want to keep using my pc software to control lighting patterns and have everything in sync. My problem is, I found no real good options to do that.

So better?