How to change the address of the NRF24L01 in network and how it is locked ?

Hello,
I would like please to know how the NRF24L01 using the network library is being locked and prevented from being accessed let's say from another maker having the same address 01 or 00 ?
and how can i change these addresses to become harder ?

because i see most tutorials give the address to the base as 00 and to the node 1 -> 01 and etc

You cannot! The device operates via the SPI bus not the I2C bus. You will need two selects for each unit if they both transmit and receive. CE (Chip Enable) is an active-HIGH pin. When selected the nRF24L01 will either transmit or receive, depending upon which mode it is currently in. CSN (Chip Select Not) is an active-LOW pin and is normally kept HIGH. When this pin goes low, the nRF24L01 begins listening on its SPI port for data and processes it accordingly.
This link will help: https://lastminuteengineers.com/nrf24l01-arduino-wireless-communication/
Your links are useless in answering this question. Please post a complete schematic showing all power, ground connections, not a frizzy drawing. You might get a copy of the Arduino Cookbook, it believe it has a lot of information on this part.

gilshultz:
You cannot! The device operates via the SPI bus not the I2C bus. You will need two selects for each unit if they both transmit and receive. CE (Chip Enable) is an active-HIGH pin. When selected the nRF24L01 will either transmit or receive, depending upon which mode it is currently in. CSN (Chip Select Not) is an active-LOW pin and is normally kept HIGH. When this pin goes low, the nRF24L01 begins listening on its SPI port for data and processes it accordingly.
This link will help: https://lastminuteengineers.com/nrf24l01-arduino-wireless-communication/
Your links are useless in answering this question. Please post a complete schematic showing all power, ground connections, not a frizzy drawing. You might get a copy of the Arduino Cookbook, it believe it has a lot of information on this part.

i do have the arduino cookbook I'll have a look,
but there is no need for schematics here because I am asking a general question which is how not to let other NRF24L01 interfere with my setup

You can’t get security that way with pipes. If someone has the same pipe address then they are on your network.

That being said, assuming you use the RF24 library, Pipes (0 and 1) will store a full 5-byte address. So don’t use pipes names that are in demo code and you are more likely to be protected.

If you want more robustness to rogue device then you need to add more info in the payload to help identify legit packets (crypto, extra ID codes, special data encoding protocol....)

J-M-L:
You can’t get security that way with pipes. If someone has the same pipe address then they are on your network.

That being said, assuming you use the RF24 library, Pipes (0 and 1) will store a full 5-byte address. So don’t use pipes names that are in demo code and you are more likely to be protected.

If you want more robustness to rogue device then you need to add more info in the payload to help identify legit packets (crypto, extra ID codes, special data encoding protocol....)

ok i see your point, I am using actually rf24network library so i tried to change addresses but it did not work :confused:

I see.

I’ve not dug into how it’s done but suspect there is a real address that is being built, from a base address.

I would explore how pipes’ addresses are built from the node tree octal ID (look here)

J-M-L:
I see.

I’ve not dug into how it’s done but suspect there is a real address that is being built, from a base address.

I would explore how pipes’ addresses are built from the node tree octal ID (look here)

couldn't tell how to do it :confused:

seems they define a static "base" address and then mess around with it to modify it in a way to fit all the nodes at different addresses.

I'd explore what they do and pick a difference base address

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.