How to check for broken TQFP ATMEGA1284P

Hello

Using Arduino IDE 1.8.0
AVRISP mkll (MightyCore)

I'm trying to upload sketch on an TQFP ATMEGA1284p but receiving error messages, like

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
         0x14 != 0x0c
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

How may I check for a broken IC or wrong settings ?

I wolud like to peform sort of check over the IC

Thanks

How are you uploading the sketch ?
It won’t work on the coms port unless you have the bootloader installed ?

I have only just started playing with this chip myself ( im using the 40pin dil package) and presently waiting for some development boards to be made.
I did get mine to work using the ICSP connections and uploaded blink. I did have a problem with the wrong device signature , but got it going eventually . Haven’t tried loading a bootloader yet !

Voltage levels ok ?
Check the oscillator ( clock is running) with a scope - I used a 16mhz crystall and two capacitors .

Have you got all the Vcc and ground connections linked to each other ?

Hello, thanks ... again :slight_smile:

I developed a board just for upload bootloader and initial sketch (before soldering to te actual board), very simple, inspired by this guy & video

But, I just used a FTDI module not the AVRISP MKII. Please note that I needed to use a module with (I guess) an original FTDI ft232rl. Cheap chinese (those red ones) won't work for me, even to upload sketches to ESP's , the chinese module gives me troubles and inconsistences

I can see slight difference in on voltage level for pin17, all showing 5.01v, pin17 has 4.08v, don't know why. Also Have filter capacitors on all Vcc/Gnd

I haven't a scope, witing for a DS0138, hope it helps me, but I don't know how to use it

Please note the board an IC, are working. The initial sketch is running ok and all communication and expected functionallities are ok, it's just I can't upload my new sketches ... development stopped :frowning:

I'll comment any advance

Thank you !!

gusantor:
But, I just used a FTDI module not the AVRISP MKII. Please note that I needed to use a module with (I guess) an original FTDI ft232rl. Cheap chinese (those red ones) won't work for me, even to upload sketches to ESP's , the chinese module gives me troubles and inconsistences

You'll have to use a programmer, like a USBASP or AVRISP to upload the bootloader before you can use the serial adapter to upload code.