How to check the abrupt change in sensor value???

Hi, I am working with air pressure sensor… (for blood pressure)
After releasing air valve, there is abrupt change in the value when the pressure is decreasing.
I want to know that how can I note the maximum value of an anlog sensor (pressure in this case) when it makes an abrupt change.
Kindly help me if any body knows about it because I am working with final year project.

You will need to compare the last reading taken with the present reading. If there is a large difference...

Hi, I am working with air pressure sensor… (for blood pressure)
After releasing air valve, there is abrupt change in the value when the pressure is decreasing.
I want to know that how can I note the maximum value of an anlog sensor (pressure in this case) when it makes an abrupt change.
Kindly help me if any body knows about it because I am working with final year project.

Can you show a curve of the abruptly changing signal and its timing?

When you sample the analogue signal repeatedly, I'd assume that the default 100kHz sampling rate is be sufficient to catch all min/max values in software. Allocate two variables and store the highest value in one, and the lowest value in the other variable. When done with a cycle, reset the variables to their initial values.

Duplicate threads merged.