How to completelly uninstall/reinstall IDE

Hello! I´m using Arduino (Uno, Mega and Duo) and Win 10 64bits.

I Upgraded to IDE 1.7.10 (I don´t know why, this IDE seems to be newer than 1.6.12, but I foud it and it was working). Then, tried to install Cayenne library into 1.7.10 and it didn´t work, so I tried to uninstall and install 1.6.12 IDE.

Now, even BLINK example doesn´t work into a UNO board. Serial COMM is found, but no communication at all. It shows errors (below)…

"
O sketch usa 1.068 bytes (3%) de espaço de armazenamento para programas. O máximo são 32.256 bytes.
Variáveis globais usam 9 bytes (0%) de memória dinâmica, deixando 2.039 bytes para variáveis locais. O máximo são 2.048 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “REMOVE/bin/avrdude”: CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:206)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:707)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:680)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2176)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, O sistema não pode encontrar o arquivo especificado
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 8 more
Ocorreu um erro enquanto o sketch era carregado"

Anibody can help me on this?

Which version is newer or recommended (1.6.12 or 1.7.10)?

How to uninstall completely IDE, since it seems to have some directories (even hidden)

Regards

Plinio Babo

pliniobabo: Which version is newer or recommended (1.6.12 or 1.7.10)?

There are two different companies, Arduino SRL and Arduino LLC. They used to be one company, then split over a business dispute, and have recently negotiated a settlement of their differences. The two companies have two different websites, arduino.cc(where you are now) and arduino.org. .cc's latest IDE version is 1.6.12. .org's latest IDE version is 1.7.10. Even though the version number of .org's IDE is higher, it has been much less actively developed and .cc's IDE is recommended unless you are using certain .org boards, which might require you to use their IDE. Hopefully soon the two IDEs will be merged back together and this sort of confusion will be ended.

pliniobabo: How to uninstall completely IDE, since it seems to have some directories (even hidden)

There are three directories:

• Sketchbook folder. The location is shown at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location in the Arduino IDE.
  • Arduino IDE installation folder. The location of the arduino.exe application. The location may vary according to where you put it but typically it will be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino.
  • Arduino15. Located at C:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Arduino15